Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Mission

This November 2006, I plan to sell everything I have, give it all to the poor, walk into the city, and to reach out to others about God.

Enacting the words of Jesus:

Mathew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Luke 18:22
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

5 comments:

John Christopher said...

Thanks for bringing this up, I often feel the same way.

Firstly I don't plan on standing on a corner with a Bible shouting at people. More I hope to sit with homeless people and listen and talk about their issues. If that then leads to talk about God and Prayer, then that is their choice, if not I'll just try to be a friend or walk on.

Secondly I do think evangalism is Biblical and I have a passion for God that I want to share with others.

I will do some more thinking about the issue.

carsontom1914 said...

Dude, Props, God Bless, I'll say a special prayer

Unknown said...

God bless you, John. You have a lot of courage.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey vinicio..so you rather burn in fire for all eternity, really man..how bout you tell me how the first living thing came into existence?.. you think its easy..you think people all of a sudden say "oh hey lets go convert others just for fun"..all they're trying to do is send a message and help save you from what is to come because Jesus is coming soon and one day you'll be face to face with god himself and don't even try and say that nobody warned you.. id hate to be you man i really do..

you have no idea how bad people will suffer by continually rejecting Jesus christ all their life time...he loves you brother

repent and ask god for guidance.

look for answers