Saturday, February 03, 2007

Checkpoint...

Well I had planned to have a think about how things were going and decide whether to continue on with the FW at the end of Jan, but it wasn't really necessary. So many positive things have been happening, and at a high rate of activity level, that I see no reason to consider stopping just yet.

What I did feel I needed to change was to add in a program of fasting, that I had developed 18 months ago. It's based on fasting four out of seven days a week (for example only having a meal on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday nights). I lived this program successfully for four months in 2005. At the time it was mainly a physical training programme, in preparation for this FW, as I expected food to be scarce. But as food has not been a problem, I haven't needed the fasting skills I had prepared. But now I feel I need to implement them as a spiritual discipline and added challenge to the FW. So come the new week, on Monday, I will switch it on. I still plan to visit the food vans, but will just have a cordial. We'll see how it goes.

Also, I had a few relaxing nights catching up with friends and family, celebrating my Birthday. We watched 'The Pursuit Of Happyness' which had a positive homelessness theme/story. Despite the irony of Will Smith, one of the richest actors in Hollywood, playing a homeless person, I was pleased to see the homeless extras in the movie were the real thing and paid the proper day's wages for their time/work.

But best of all I enjoyed a soul refreshing swim in the sea. So I am good to get back into it for at least another month! Lets go... :)

No comments: